AIS, Inc is committed to provide all employees, with a safe work environment. Our safety program is designed to promote excellent safety procedures and emergency preparedness as well to minimize the hazards to human health and the surrounding environment.
Our corporate safety philosophy is driven from these basic premises. We believe that:
- The safety of our employees and guests are paramount. All safety rules and guidelines will be adhered to at all times.
- Both accidents and injuries are preventable through the implementation of safe work procedures.
- Safety is the responsibility of every employee at every level. Collectively, we are the owners of the Safety Program. We each have the right to return home safely each day, and we each have the responsibility to enforce all policies and procedures presented. Seek advice from our experts if there is any doubt regarding how to safely proceed.
- Written safety plans relating safe work procedures and practices will be read by all employees at every level. Every employee will be responsible for knowing and following the safety procedures and practices as presented in these safety plans, known as the Safety Program.
- The Safety Program will be reviewed, updated, and enforced through a safety committee.
- All safety policies and procedures will be reviewed and revised as needed at each regularly scheduled safety meeting (Safety Committee), and at a minimum of one time annually (Management Committee).
Our corporate safety philosophy will be further enhanced by these extended premises:
- Develop and utilize innovative technology and enhanced processes to improve employee health and our environmental surroundings.
- Regularly conduct an independent audit to confirm compliance with all applicable laws, policies and procedures.
- To provide leadership within our business segments to create and effect valuable environmental, safety and occupational health standards.
Our Safety and Training Qualifications
- Daily Field Jobsite Audits
- Emergency Action Plan
- Field Personnel 10 Hour OSHA Certified
- Fire Prevention Plan
- Illness and Injury Prevention Plan
- In House Safety Manager
- Meet and Greet Job Site Reviews
- Outside Safety Consultant
- Random Safety Field Audits by in house Safety Manager and/or outside Safety Consultant
- Record Keeping
- Refresher training as outlined by OSHA regulations
- Safety Bonus Program Tied to Performance
- Safety Committee Includes Management, Operations and Field Personnel
- Safety Committee oversight review (minimum annually) by Management
Specialty/Specialized Safety and Training Programs
- Awareness Training
- Aerial Lift
- Back Safety
- Confined Space
- CPR and First Aid
- Crane Operator Certified
- Fall Protection
- Forklift Operator Certified
- Heat Stress
- Lead Awareness
- Lock Out Tag Out
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Protection Blood Borne Pathogens
- Respiratory Protection
- Scissor Lift / Articulating Boom
There are many more aspects, details, and training program materials available. For additional information, contact our Safety Director by email (HR@ais-york.com) or phone (717-764-9811).